Carl Pott (1906 – 1985) studied design and metallurgy at technical school in Solingen and Forschungsinitut unf Profieramt für Edelmetalle, Schwäbisch-Gmünd.
He followed in the footsteps of his father. He became interested in the ideas of the Deutscher Wekund, the Bauhaus and other modern architecture trends in Germany during the 1920s. He changed the nature of the products of the business entirely into plain, unadorned forms. He abandoned the heavily decorated work of that time.
After World War 2, his designs and those of others commissioned by him were widely published, repeatedly winning awards. The other designers included; Josef Hoffman, Herman Gretsch, Wilhelm Wagenfield, Elisabeth Treskow and Don Wallance.
Cutlery (model 2722)
At the 1937 Paris ‘Exposition Internationale des Art et Techniques dans la Vie Moderne,’ he gained a diploma of honour. A silver medal at the Triennale di Milano in 1940 and numerous prizes at the Milan, Düsseldorf, Brussels and Ljubljana competitions.
Carl Hugo Pott, fondue forks
Byars, M., & Riley, T. (2004). The design encyclopedia. Laurence King Publishing.
Theodor Bogler (1897 – 1968) was a German ceramicist. From 1919, he studied at the Bauhaus, Weimar and subsequently, the University of Munich. Between 1923-24 with Otto Lindig, Bogler shared the Production Workshop’s supervision, Dornburg, near Weimar, the ceramics annex of the Bauhaus. He designed a 1923 mocha machine in ceramics for serial production.
Hans Poelzig (1869-1936) was a German architect and designer, he was born in Berlin. Between 1888-95, studied Technische Hochschule, Berlin Charlottenburg and Technische Hocschule, Berlin, under Karl Schäffer.