Giorgina Castiglioni – Architect and Professor
Giorgina Castiglioni is an Italian architect and designer who studied architecture at Milan Polytechnic (1969). She is Giannino Castiglioni’s granddaughter, a famous sculptor, and the daughter of Pier Giacomo Castiglioni, an architect and professor.
She expanded on the issue of bio-ecological architecture and industrial development waste assessment. She has held displays on material metamorphosis, women’s relationship with design and create projects with the concept of an ecological human agreement as a free and organic cross-disciplinary exchange.
In international competitions, she won many awards and partnered with Alessi, Bilumen, Kartell, Gufram, Pedano, Sirrah and Valenti.
Awards for Giorgina Castiglioni
Received first prize (plastic seating by Kartell) 1965 ‘Fiera di Trieste.’ Participated in 1971 UCIMU competition of ADI.
Byars, M., & Riley, T. (2004). The design encyclopedia. Laurence King Publishing.
Giorgina Castiglioni. Architectuul. http://architectuul.com/architect/giorgina-castiglioni.
You may be interested in
Patrizia Ranzo is an Italian architect and designer. She was born and active in Naples. She studied architecture in Naples to 1981. Her work in design began in 1975; from 1983, she collaborated on projects with the architecture department at the University of Naples.
Pier Luigi Nervi (1891 – 1979) was an Italian architect born in Sondrio, Lombardy. He studied engineering at the University of Bologna, to 1913. Nervi’s taut reinforced concrete buildings were among the most spectacular structures of the twentieth century. He became well-known for his beautiful concrete roof creations.
La Danese was founded in Milan by Bruno Danese and Jacqueline Vodoz. The company specialised in editing, designing, and marketing well‐designed everyday products with a modern aesthetic. There were three significant focus areas: domestic and office products, artistic editions, and children’s games and creative play stimuli.
Embed from Getty Images La Rinascente, the Milan department store was established after the First World War and has done a great deal to promote Italian design standards. Its name, La Rinascente (Rebirth), was conceived by the Italian poet Gabriele D’Annunzio, a specific resonance in the 1930s when the company also did much to promote the domestic consumption of Italian products under Mussolini in the drive towards national self-sufficiency (autarchy).