Ambrogio Pozzi (b.1931) was an Italian Industrial Designer.
He worked in the family firm Ceramica Franco Pozzi in Gallarate from 1951 and redesigned its traditional products in an award-winning Functional style. His widely published 1970 Compact stacking coffee service was designed for machine production in three sizes. He set up his design practice, where clients included Riedel, Rossi, Guzzini, Pierre Cardin, Rosenthal, Norex, La Rinascente department store, and Alitalia. His 1968 Duo dinnerware and limited-edition 1987 cup and saucer included in the Collector’s Cup range were produced by Rosenthal. He was a member of ADI (Associazione per il Disegno Industriale).
Between 1954-73, he participated in all the Triennali di Milano. He won the 1958—64, 1966, and 1970 first prizes for industrial design in Vicenza. For the family firm, he won two 1970 Compasso d’Oro awards for the Compact coffee service and TR 113 tableware range. His work was shown at the 1980 ‘Arte e design’ exhibition at the Palazzo delle Esposizioni in Faenza. The Duo dinnerware was included in the 1983—84 ‘Design Since 1945’ exhibition at the Philadelphia Museum of Art and won the 1968 gold medal at the Faenza International Porcelain and Ceramics Competition. His porcelain service for Alitalia won the 1973 gold medal at the Faenza International. 1967—74, he received the Bundespreis ‘Die gute Industrieform’ in Hanover and was a member of its juries 1969—70, 1970 Concorso Internazionale della Ceramica in Faenza, and 1971—74 industrial design competition in Valencia.
- Pair of White Vases by Rosenthal and Thomas with Pleat Details – A$1401.19
- Ambrogio Pozzi for Rosenthal Studio-Line, Austria, White Porcelain Vase – A$1383.49
- Vintage “Pastorale” Ceramic Vase by Ambrogio Pozzi, Rosenthal Studio Line, 1960s – A$491
- Ceramic Sculpture Face Model by Ambrogio Pozzi for Superego Editions, Italy – A$906.49
- Ambrogio Pozzi Ceramic Sculpture Model Face by Superego Editions, Italy -$906.49
- “Bombolo” Ceramic Set by Ambrogio Pozzi for Ceramiche for Pozzi – A$1178.44
Byars, M., & Riley, T. (2004). The design encyclopedia. Laurence King Publishing. https://amzn.to/3ElmSlL