Talking to people about your designs might seem like an essential skill, but it can be challenging to do well. In many cases, communicating with stakeholders, clients, and other non-designers may be more critical than the designs themselves. Because if you can’t get their support, your work will never see the light of day—no matter how good it is.
This practical guide focuses on principles, tactics, and actionable methods for presenting your designs. Whether you design apps, websites, or products, you’ll learn to get support from people who influence the project intending to create the best user experience.
- Walk through the process of preparing and presenting your designs
- Understand stakeholder perspectives and learn how to empathize with them
- Cultivate both implicit and explicit listening skills
- Learn tactics and strategies for expressing the most effective response to feedback
- Create the right documentation for your decisions to avoid repeated conversations
- Learn why following through is just as important as the meeting itself