Decoding the Why: How Behavioral Science is Driving the Next Generation of Product Design

Decoding the Why: How Behavioral Science is Driving the Next Generation of Product Design

Decoding the Why: How Behavioral Science is Driving the Next Generation of Product Design

By Nate Andorsky

Category:

Description

According to numerous neuroscience studies, 95% of our thoughts, emotions, and learnings occur before consciously aware of them. However, much of today’s technology is built based on the other 5%; the part users can articulate in focus groups, interviews, and filling out surveys. It’s our job to decode the additional 95%. Technology has driven progress for decades, and industries have reacted accordingly by dedicating enormous amounts of time and resources to progress in this domain by building bigger, faster, and more sophisticated systems. But what if the key to unlocking the potential of your venture is not simply faster, better technology, but rather an understanding of what drives human behaviour? In Decoding The Why, Nate helps readers find the answers to such questions as * What social, cognitive and emotional factors drive human behaviour? * How can I integrate behavioural science to build more effective tech products? * Is gathering user feedback and doing focus groups a flawed model? * And more… An untapped opportunity lies in the fusion of technological innovation and psychological insights. If we unleash this opportunity, could the software that helps individuals lose weight, exercise more, save money, or learn a new skill have a more significant impact? And given that these apps touch millions upon millions of people daily, could integrating a behavioural-first approach to building technology have a wide-reaching social impact? Nate believes so and explains how integrating behavioural science into product design will get us there.

Shop Now