Professor Oiva Toikka is one of the greatest names in Finnish design. His iconic collection of Iittala Birds by Toikka first took a flight back in 1972 with the creation of the small Flycatchers. Today Iittala Birds by Toikka can be found in the homes of collectors worldwide who enjoy them as simple reminders of the poetry of everyday life.
Drawing from nature and his passion for art glass, Toikka has created more than 400 birds over the last forty years. Iittala Birds by Toikka are all individually mouth-blown, making each unique as those who collect them. These lovely little creatures are treasured objects of art that are sure to bring joy to any house, office or space they call home.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||15.2 x 11.7 x 3.5 inches|
|Item Weight||12.8 Ounces|
About this item
- Decorative glass objet d’art embodies artistic interpretation of bluebird
- Handblown coloured crystal glass decorated using a special palette and filigree techniques
- Designed by renowned Finnish artist Oiva Toikka
- The piece carries the artist’s signature and comes with a collector’s tag in a gift box
- Glass bluebird measures 3.4 by 5.1 inches.