Optimize Every Stage of Your Product Development and Commercialization
To remain competitive, companies must become more effective at identifying, developing, and commercializing new products and services. Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) is the most powerful approach available for achieving these goals reliably and efficiently. Now, for the first time, there’s a comprehensive, hands-on guide to utilizing DFSS in real-world product development.
Using a start-to-finish case study, a practical roadmap, and easy-to-use templates, Commercializing Great Products with Design for Six Sigma shows how to optimize every stage of product commercialization. Drawing on a combined sixty-five years of product experience, the authors show how to make better product and portfolio decisions; develop better business cases and benefits assessments; create better concepts and designs; scale up manufacturing more effectively; and execute better launches.
Learn how to
- Establish infrastructure to support successful commercialization
- Use Stage-Gate® processes to minimize risk and optimize the use of people and resources
- Create better plans: Segment markets, define product value, estimate financial value, and position new products for success
- Capture the “Voice of the Customer,” analyze it, and use it to drive development
- Choose the right tools: Ideation, Pugh Concept Selection, QFD, TRIZ, and many more
- Develop better products and processes: Process Maps, Cause and Effects Matrices, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Statistical Design and Data Analysis Tools, and more
- Test and improve product performance and reliability
- Perform Post Mortems and apply what you’ve learned to your next project
Whether you’re an executive, engineer, designer, marketer, or quality-control professional, Commercializing Great Products with Design for Six Sigma will help you identify more valuable product concepts and translate them into high-impact revenue sources.