After WWII, Ulm, Hochschule für Gestaltung, a forward-thinking West German institution, was closely associated with a more scientific, logical, and productive design approach. It shifted away from the traditional reliance on existing notions of the innovative individual designer’s dominance and towards a problem-solving approach to design that included the use of multidisciplinary expertise.
For more than 250 years, the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts (Danish: Det Kongelige Danske Kunstakademi) has provided education in the arts, playing a role in Denmark’s art growth. History On March 31 1754, the Royal Danish Academy of Portraiture, Sculpture, and Architecture in Copenhagen was opened and given
In Chicago, the Institute of Design was established by László Moholy-Nagy in 1939, following several short-lived precedents beginning with the New Bauhaus in Chicago, established in 1937 under the direction of Moholy-Nagy, with Walter Gropius, a former member of the Bauhaus, as a consultant.
Misha Black, was an industrial designer, architect and educator, was born in Russia and moved to London when he was 18 months of age. Education He was mostly self-taught despite a short period of study at the Central School of Arts and Crafts and in Paris, beginning his professional career
Black Mountain College Black Mountain College was founded by John Andrew Rice and a group of dissident, radical academics in North Carolina’s mountains in 1933. It became a symbol of academic freedom and the experimental spirit in American culture. Europes’s Finest Minds Before its closure in 1957, the tiny college,
L’école Estienne is the traditional name of the École supérieure des arts et industries graphiques (ESAIG) (Graduate School of Arts and Printing Industry). The property is located in the 13th Paris district of Boulevard Auguste-Blanqui, at 18, not far from the Butte-aux-Cailles. The front façade of the École Estienne. History
Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design The London County Council set up this vital art school in 1896 to promote the industrial application of decorative art, a goal that was vigorously pursued by its first principal, architect, educator and conservationist William R. Lethaby (appointed together with the sculptor