Anna Alexandrovna Leporskaia (1900 – 1982) was a Russian painter, interior designer, decorative artist and porcelain painter. She was Nicholai Suetin’s wife.
She studied under A. Radakov at the Pskov School of Decorative Arts in 1918. From 1922, she studied under K. Petrov-Vodkin, A. Savivov, and V. Sinaiskii at the Petrograd Academy of Arts.
She was an associate of Inkhuk in Kasimir Malevich’s department in 1925 and worked in interior decoration and book illustration. She worked as a designer at the Krasny Theater and the Muzikalnaya Komedia Theater in Leningrad from 1930 to 31 (now St. Petersburg). With her husband Suetin, she designed the Cultural Center of the Industrial Cooperative interior in 1934. She designed porcelain forms as a designer at the Lomonosov Porcelain Factory in Leningrad from 1945 until 1948. She was on the examining committee of the College of Decorative Arts in Leningrad beginning in 1952.
She took part in the 1937 Paris Exposition Internationale des Arts et Techniques dans la Vie Moderne,’ the 1939 ‘New York World’s Fair,’ the 1940 ‘National Agricultural Show,’ and the Leningrad stand at the ‘Great War of Defense exhibition, all with Suetin. The Repin State Prize was awarded to her.
More Russian Designers
You may also be interested in
Phoebe Anna Traquir (1852 – 1936) was an Irish-born artist who rose to international prominence as an illustrator, painter, and embroiderer in Scotland’s Arts and Crafts movement. Murals, embroidery, enamel jewellery, and book illuminations were among her works. She was the first woman to be elected to the Royal Scottish Academy in 1920.