Mikhail Mikhailovich Adamovich (1884 – 1947) was a Russian porcelain designer.
In 1907, Adamovich travelled to Italy to study decorative painting after graduating from Moscow’s Strogonov School of Art and Industrial Design. In 1909, he returned to Russia to paint murals in both St Petersburg and Moscow. He worked in the art department of the State Porcelain Factory after the First World War (known as the Imperial Porcelain Factory before the Russian Revolution and, after 1925, the Lomonosov State Porcelain Factory).
After serving in the Red Army from 1919 to 1921, he returned to work at the State Porcelain Factory (1921–1923), where he drew on revolutionary agitprop subject matter such as Lenin’s head, the Soviet Red Star, the hammer and sickle, and other Soviet regime symbols. He went on to work at other significant porcelain works such as the Volkhov Factory (1924–7) and the Dulevo Works (1927–33) after receiving a medal at the 1925 Paris Exposition des Arts Décoratifs.
Byars, M., & Riley, T. (2004). The Design Encyclopedia. Laurence King Publishing.
You may also be interested in
Nikolai Mikhailovich Suetin (1897-1954) was a Russian artist, ceramicist, and designer. He was born in Metlevsk Station Kaluga. He was the husband of Anna Leporskaia. Between 1918-22, he studied at Vitebsk Art School. He became a member of Kazimir Malevich’s Posnovis/Unovis group in 1919, and, with Il’ia Chashnik, was one of Malevich’s closest collaborators.
The Imperial Porcelain Factory is a manufacturer of hand-painted ceramics in Saint Petersburg, Russia, also known as the Imperial Porcelain Manufacturer (IPM). It was founded by Dmitry Ivanovich Vinogradov in 1744 and has been sponsored by the Russian tsars since Empress Elizabeth. Many still refer to the factory, the Lomonosov Porcelain Factory, by its well-known former name.