Alessi Kettle, 9” H x 8.5” W x 8.5” D, Blue, 9093
Designed by Michael Graves for Alessi
- When the contents of this kettle boil, a beautiful little bird adorns the spout and whistles.
- Michael Graves designed it in 1985; it has an 18/10 stainless-steel body.
- Handle and whistle are made of tough PA resin, and you can choose between blue or ivory handles.
- The broader base allows water to boil faster, making it a favourite of today’s busy users.
- Hand wash only; both the whistling bird and the lid can be replaced; measures 8-1/2 inches in diameter and 9 inches high.
You may also be interested in
The Moka Express (Design Classic) – simple coffee making machine – Encyclopedia of Design
Designed by Ezio Grassi The Moka Express is a straightforward stovetop coffee maker. It unscrews in the centre, and water is poured into the bottom compartment. Coffee is poured into the centre compartment and then heated until boiling water. Superheated steam is forced up through the coffee grounds freshly brewed coffee collects in the top chamber.
Michael Graves (1934 – 2015) – American architect and industrial designer – Encyclopedia of Design
Michael Graves (1934 – 2015) was an architect and industrial designer from the United States. He was born in Indianapolis, Indiana, and lived and worked in Princeton, New Jersey. Graves graduated from Broad Ripple High School in Indianapolis in 1952 and earned a bachelor’s degree in architecture from the University of Cincinnati in 1958.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.