Carlo Guiliano (1831 – 1895) was an Italian jeweller and goldsmith who was born in Naples and worked in London. In 1860, Guiliano settled in London and worked for Harry Emanuel. He collaborated with Castellani Italian Jewellers on at least one piece of jewellery. In the archaeological or Etruscan style, he was a talented jeweller. He developed his distinctive style, which was copied a lot in the 1880s and 1890s. The Italian-born Pasquale Novissimo, Guiliano’s assistant, created such delicate enamel decoration on Guillano ‘s pieces that they were difficult to copy.
The jewellery manufacturing company and goldsmithy of Guiliano were situated at 13 Frith Street in 1861 and at 155 Piccadilly in 1875, where he lived until his retirement. Frederico and Ferdinando Giuliano possibly brothers to Carlo opened their own jewellery workshop in 1882 at 24 Howland Street, moving to 47 Howland Street in 1886-1887. By the beginning of the First World War, the business had closed.
Wikipedia contributors. (2021, March 17). Carlo Giuliano. In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 22:33, June 3, 2021, from https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Carlo_Giuliano&oldid=1012647514
More Jewellery Designers
You may be interested in reading;
Bertel Gardberg was a Finnish jeweller and metal worker. Between 1938-1941 he studied at Taideteollin Korkeaukoulu, Helsinki. He began his working life in Copenhagen. Gardberg moved to Helsinki where hemaintained a studio between 1949-1966. He was responsible for stainless steel and silver designs produced by the Georg Jensen Solvsmedie; Galeries Lafayette department store, Paris and Kilkenny Design workshops, Dublin.
The Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths, also known as the Goldsmiths’ Company, is one of London’s Great Twelve Livery Companies. It is correctly known as The Wardens and Commonalty of the Mystery of Goldsmiths of the City of London. The Company’s headquarters are located in the City of London’s Goldsmiths’ Hall.
Patrizia Ranzo is an Italian architect and designer. She was born and active in Naples. She studied architecture in Naples to 1981. Her work in design began in 1975; from 1983, she collaborated on projects with the architecture department at the University of Naples.