Pierre Vago (1910 – 2002) was a Hungarian Architect and designer. He studied at the École Spéciale d’Architecture, Paris.
Because of his housing projects, factories, and the Central Banks of the French colonies of Tunisia and Algeria, as well as his controversial Basilica of St. Pius X in Lourdes, he received much attention in the postwar years. In 1957, he designed one of the new residential buildings in Berlin’s Hansaviertel.
He settled in France in 1928, where he was editor-in-chief on three issues of the review L’Architecture d’aujourd’hui. After World War 2, he actively revived the journal and set up his architecture office. In 1948 he left the journal, and it was in 1948 that he became a member of UAM (Union des Artistes Modernes). He built the Basicila de Saint-Pi X (with architect Pierre Pinsard and engineer Eugéne Freysinnet) in Lourdes.
His 1934 dining room with aluminium furniture in his all-metal house was installed at the 1935 Paris Salon d’Habitation.
A selection of his works
Books| New Releases in Architectural Buildings
More Hungarian Designers
You may also be interested in
École Boulle is a college for fine arts and crafts and applied arts in Paris, France. The École Boulle was created in 1886 and is named after the cabinetmaker André-Charles Boulle, who during the reign of Louis XIV (1643-1715), the Sun King, was commonly considered to be the preeminent artist in the field of marquetry or inlay.